Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Opinions

Opinions are like assholes.....everyone and their damn mother has one.

It's funny because we ALL say that. You know damn well there have been countless times you roll your eyes and say that exact line. Followed by ranting and raving for another hour about how much you hate DESPISE when people give you their unwanted and unwelcome opinions. Yet the funny thing about that is we are (at the same time) guilty of giving our own opinions.......even if no one has asked for them. Why the hell do we do that? Like why are we all so damn hypocritical?!

I always appreciate hearing from others. I am a firm believer that we can learn so much from people. There are SOO many people in the world. With their own opinions, experiences, and takes on life. I love listening to people....I love hearing about the life moments (big or small) that have made them who they are. I feel that unless we are constantly growing and evolving we aren't progressing. Rather we stay stuck in a stand still and just spend our whole lives trying to escape from the quicksand that is sucking us down.

The shit I don't like.......people giving their unwanted opinions about MY life. My life is my life. That simple. What I do or don't do with it is my business. Unless I'm Walter White-ing it and cooking meth out of my mom's basement I don't really need your opinions or interventions. There is a fine line between when I turn to you for your opinions and advice..........and when you overstep boundaries and start talking endlessly about how YOU think I should live MY life. Reread that little fragment for a second and tell me what's wrong with what I just said. No one.....I repeat NO ONE has the right to tell you how you should or shouldn't be living your own life. If you are free and you are doing your thing....props to you.

I consider myself a responsible moderately responsible adult. I work. I pay my own taxes and bills. I live an honest life. I'm somewhat funny. I am loyal to everyone I love. I enjoy laughter and making memories. I'm not perfect. By no means am I perfect.....but I am doing the best with what God has given me....and to me that is suffice.

I take pride in my life.....all of the good, the bad, the ugly, and the magical things that I have experienced. I feel that no matter what I have experienced in my life, it was all meant to happen for a reason. To bring me to the next phase of my life. I don't regret anything.....nor do I spend too much time dwelling on "could have" or "should have" been. I know I fuck up from time to time (I'm human). I know I don't always say or do the right thing (sue me). At the end of the day.....I do the best I can and I'm proud of that.

I wish people would spend LESS time giving their unwanted opinions about my life or how I'm living it and spend more time assessing their OWN situations. People are always quick to give their two cents (if you're going to bother me at least give me a $20. Any less than that is a slap to my face). I think at the end of the day all of us are guilty of hiding from our own problems. We have SO MUCH SHIT in our own lives that we refuse to deal with that we think it's acceptable to deflect and project onto others.......and that shit is not cool. I repeat.....it is NOT cool. Stop it.

We all care for the people we choose to have in our lives. I know this....but maybe we all need to spend a little less time throwing our opinions out into the airwaves and a lot more time working on our own shit. Do you and let me do me ok? Life is crazy beautiful and we will all probably spend our whole lives trying to figure out what the fuck we are doing with ourselves. I just ask that we give opinions to OURSELVES about our own lives. I've heard some pretty interesting opinions about my life and what I'm doing with it from people who have no business speaking because they can't even balance their own checkbooks.

Do yourselves (and all of us really) a favor.......and fucking DO YOU. Mind your own business. If something is happening and you don't agree but no one is asking your opinion.....keep that shit to your damn self. Focus on what you are doing. What do you want from your life? Are you happy? Where do you want to be in 5 years? Just spend more time worrying about #1 and less time worrying about the rest of us. I promise you we all figure our own shit out in our OWN time....and that's the way it should be. Who the hell are you to tell me how to live my life anyway?!

"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect.....and I don't have to be....but before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean" - Bob Marley 

No comments:

Post a Comment